What could be nicer than tracing the first tracks on snow shoes through the virgin snow and enjoying the lonesome silence of the Engadine mountain scenery? Maybe the fantastic panoramic view of the frozen lakes? Or the luck to observe a blue hare or a snow grouse? Certainly though the stop at the Rabgiusa hut where you can pass your experiences in review while having something to drink and to eat.
- Start: Intermediate station Furtschellas
- Finish: Osteria Rabgiusa
- Distance: 1,8 km (one way)
- Duration: about 1 - 1 1/2 h (one way)
- Difference in altitude: 170m
- Indication: The trail is marked with purple poles
- Equipment: SOS intermediate station Furtschellas
- Attention: do not leave the marked route
Ascent and descent by cable car and snow shoe rental*: CHF 36.00.
Ascent and descent by cable car, snow shoe rental *and lunch at the Osteria Rabgiusa or La Chüdera CHF 49.00.
* limited number of sets, reservation advantageous.
- 21.12.2013 – 21.04.2014
- only with good snow and weather conditions
Rules and behaviour:
- The winter nature is a sensitive habitat. Therefore it's important to follow the codex for ecological winter tours by the SAC.
- Use if possible the public transportation for your arrival and your journey back.
- Respect the existing game preserves and other protectorates.
- Cross forest areas on trails or on existing routes if possible. Only stay for a short time in the area of the forest border.
- Try to avoid contact with game if possible.
- Avoid dusk and dawn.
- Carry your rubbish down to the valley.
- Enjoy the winter silence and don't disturb it unnecessarily.
- See yourself as a welcome guest of nature.
- Don't let your dog run around unleashed in the forest areas.
Information & Reservation